If someone lacks self-confidence, is there any possible way of coming out from that situation? This is pretty much common question. Have you control on your self-confidence?
If you don’t possess control on self-confidence or lack self-confidence, I strongly recommend taking some steps to increase your self-confidence. Self-confidence is not a genetic property and you can’t depend someone to help boost your confidence level. If you often you are not intelligent, competent, smart, beautiful or attractive etc. These considerations can be changed with little bit effort.
You can remove all these frustrations by controlling the self-confidence and controlling your life. Take the steps that will help to improve your image, competence and self-confidence without the help of anyone else. Here in coming text I’m going to discuss the 25 steps that you can take to improve your confidence. These steps may be revolutionary in your life. This list is not so comprehensive; these are only my favorite stuff. Hopefully you’ll find some suitable steps for you. Keep trying one by one and choose that appeals you best.
1. Groom yourself: This sounds obvious but it works amazingly. You will feel awesome and different with taking shower and shave, it can change feelings. Some peoples change their mood by this habit only. It increases the self-confidence.
2. Dress nicely: if you are wearing proper neat and clean dress, you will feel good and confident about you. Your image looks better. Your presentation will be good and ready to handle your problems. Nice dress means different for different persons, it doesn’t mean costly dress. It may be a casual dress that is neat and clean and looks presentable.
3. Photoshop your self-image: Our self-image has value for us, more then we think. By our look we present our mental picture that describes how confident we are in ourselves. This mental picture is versatile so we can adjust according to our wishes. Use your skills to improve your appearance. Find out the flaws diminishing your personality and fix them.
4. Think positive: One of most important thing that ruins our personality badly is negative thinking or overthinking. You must take steps to remove this habit. Do serious efforts to change the habit of over thinking or negative thinking. When you think positive you see everything fresh and feel relax.
5. Kill negative thoughts: It is extremely important for you to take some serious steps to eradicate negative thoughts. Stop your mind from thinking bad ideas and control the ideas coming in your mind. You should go for outside walk, watch some interesting TV show, book a ticket for some concert. Try to recognize yourself and manage some time for you.
6. Get to know you: In tug of war, wisest soldier tries to understand the capability of his enemy. Without knowing the potential of your enemy you can’t defeat him. When the negative thoughts are cleaned, your image is self-confident. Think about self, Allah has made you beautiful, you can do everything, you have courage and no one can defeat you. Things start getting improved at the moment when decide to improve them.
7. Act positive: Put your positive thinking’s in positive actions. Basically positive action is major key of developing self-confidence. Acting positively is a way of telling yourself about your self-confidence instead of just thinking positive. Have conversation with peoples in positive and decent way, create energy in your actions. You will soon observe the difference.
8. Be kind and generous: Being kind and generous to others and yourself and your precious time and what you possess is a tremendous way of developing your positive image. When you act positive, you will start feeling comfortable about yourself that you are a good person. This thing surprisingly increases your self-confidence.
9. Get prepared: It is very tough to build confidence when you feel you can’t do anything. Beat this feeling by getting prepared for that. Think about sitting in an exam. If you have not prepared yourself well for exam, you will have feelings of not performing well and lacks confidence about your abilities. But if you prepared yourself for exam, you will be confident about getting good grade. Think the life as your exam and get ready for that.
10. Know your principles and live them: It is very frustrating condition when you are spending your life without any principle, your life seems directionless. First of all set your principles and stick to them, you may often fail in getting your goals, don’t worry but set the rules for spending life.
11. Speak slowly: Speaking slowly increases the confidence and authority of person. This is a small thing but it makes a big difference. A person who speaks quickly thinks that his voice is not worthy and doesn’t keep the other persons on waiting. Even you’ll also not feel the person confident speaking quickly.
12. Stand tall: Standing tall and straight forward increases the confidence and charms of a person. The posture of person improves while standing tall. So standing tall increases the confidence and person looks attractive. This is a good habit to adopt.
13. Increase competence: You should increase your competence by studying and practicing. Give some time for writing a journal or blog or increase the practice in your profession. Just make small efforts, with the passage of time you’ll feel having grip on your profession. The more you practice or write, the more you’ll grow in your profession.
14. Set a small goal and achieve it: Try to set small goals and make efforts to achieve them. Achieving these small goals will increase confidence in you. Peoples often make mistake while setting the goals. They set big goals and when they fail to achieve them often loose heart. The more you make achievements of your small goals, the more you’ll be confident.
15. Change a small habit: Try to adopt or quit a small habit like drinking a glass of water when you awake up, take a ride of 30 minutes, reach 10 minutes earlier then routine not big habits like quit smoking. Try to do something small that you can do easily. Repeat your habit 30 days, you will feel confident.
16. Focus on solutions: If you often complain about something or just focus on problems, change your attitude right now. Focusing on finding solutions of your problems instead of getting worried about problems is one of the best approaches towards confidence and life.
17. Smile: This small trick works amazing. I often feel better relax when I have a small smile in worries. Trust me, it works. This small habit has chain reaction. Not a bad or time consuming investment. It makes a worried person energetic.
18. Volunteer: Suppose today is holiday, you have plenty of time to be volunteer for some good purpose, to make your holiday cheer, to make lives of other persons better. It will be the best ever time you have spent in your life and surprising side benefit is that you’ll feel comfortable about yourself instantly.
19. Be grateful: I have firm believe that more you will be grateful more you will be blessed and self-confident. Being grateful for blessing you have in your life is a very humble activity. It is an extremely rewarding and self-confidence building activity and improves your self-image.
20. Exercise: Doing exercise every day is the most empowering activity in world to improve your physical health, confidence and self-image. A healthy person think positive, has control on anger and power to fight with problems. You should take 30 minutes daily exercise and you will observe the benefits very soon.
21. Empower yourself with knowledge: Empowering yourself with knowledge increases your ability to think about the solutions of problems effectively. Knowledge grows the mental abilities. Knowledge increases your competency and gets you ready for life. By getting knowledge you’ll be more confident. Today internet is great source of knowledge, you can also seek knowledge from the peoples around you, and peoples have performed what you are looking for. There are also many books journals magazines novels you can read.
22. Do something you have been procrastination on: what’s on your mind? You have set on top priority. In early morning do. You will feel comfortable about yourself.
23. Get active: Doing something is better than sitting idle. Off course when we do something mistakes happen. But mistakes are part of life and we learn new things from mistakes. Simple keep doing something and don’t worry about mistakes.
24. Work on small things: Instead of working on big projects and getting frustrated, try to do some small projects, break the work in small chunks. Small achievements make you confident and lead to big achievements. Small achievements create courage to do some big things.
25. Clear your desk: It sounds small and simple thing but it works wonder. A messy and busy desk makes the mind uncomfortable. Clearing the desk the removing the unnecessary stuff makes life under control. It is a piece of comfort among storm.